Some exciting things:
1. PALMA Picnic this Saturday, December 6, from 4-10pm! Be on the lookout for emails with location, details, and make sure to fill out the carpooling spreadsheet. Contact Monique (email@example.com) if you have any questions!
2. Last day of PALMA for the semester is this Thursday, December 4.
3. Mass meeting for prospective new tutors for Winter 2015 will be January 13. Returning tutors don’t need to attend this meeting, but if you’re considering joining PALMA for the first time, definitely come!
4. Regular tutorials, for all tutors, will resume January 15.
Woo! So proud & amazed at all of the work you all do. PALMA is such an inspiring space. So lucky to be a part of it.
See you at the picnic. I’ll be the one gorging myself. Can’t wait!
Every year, Cristhian teaches a class in the RC about PALMA. It’s phenomenal, and really enhances the tutoring experience!
A few important dates to remember:
– November 4th is voting day! Although the AADL is a voting site, PALMA will NOT be affected. Voting will happen in the basement; PALMA happens upstairs. So no worries, PALMA is NOT canceled, and we’ll see you there! (Also, don’t forget to vote!!)
- The PALMA Picnic will be Saturday, December 6th, from around 3 or 4pm until 10pm. There will be a DJ. There will be dancing. There will be high-fives. There will be friendship. Most of all, there will be so much food, you won’t even know what to do with yourself. The PALMA Picnic is always the best part of the year. It’ll be a new location this semester, making it even more exciting! Keep your eyes peeled for an email about carpooling there!
- You all are rockstars. Thanks for doing what you do every week, twice a week. PALMA is creating real change in our students’ lives!
Contact anyone on the eboard for questions!
Just a quick reminder: PALMA meets only when UM classes are in session. That means during UM breaks, we don’t have tutorials! Since we are currently in the middle of our two-day fall break (aka extra-homework-study-time), we won’t have PALMA tomorrow. We’ll be back in session on Thursday!
PALMA has been wonderful this semester! What a great bunch of tutors. So grateful to everyone’s big hearts and big minds!
As always, contact anyone on the eboard for questions.
Tutorials are beginning again Thursday, 9/11/14! Meet on the first floor of the Ann Arbor District Library for pairings! Here is a link to a map of where the AADL is.
We are welcoming several new tutors and many returning tutors this semester! It’s going to be one of the best yet. Keep an eye out for photos and more info to come!
It’s September in Ann Arbor. Students swarm the streets, lines at Ulrich’s are endless, professors enter classrooms with syllabi in hand – and, best of all, PALMA starts back up again!
Our mass meeting will be September 9th at the Ann Arbor District Library. That’s a Tuesday. Pairings and regular tutorials will begin the following Thursday, the 11th. The mass meeting is for new and prospective tutors, but everyone, including returning tutors, are welcome to drop by! We’ll just be going over some of the details about PALMA, introducing the eboard, and answering questions.
We’ll try to keep up with posting updates here, on the website, as well as via email. If you’re not on the email list, you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you set up! If you’re on the email list and wish to be removed, same deal.
Un abrazo, y nos vemos pronto!
Thanks for your patience in filling out those feedback forms today. For those of you who didn’t get the chance to fill out a feedback form in person, please fill out this google form
Thursday will be our LAST PALMA TUTORIAL OF THE SEMESTER. We said a different date before, so mark this new one in your calendars. After tutorials today, Cristhian and a few tutors were talking, and realized that attendance might be low on the 22nd, since it’s the last day of classes. To make it simpler, we’re going to cancel the 22nd – so Thursday is our last PALMA! Please make sure to let your students know!
If you’re bummed that PALMA’s ending, don’t be! For the first time ever, we’re offering SPRING PALMA from May 8-June 16! It’ll meet from 6-7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays as usual. Cristhian will also be teaching an ELI class (in English) about PALMA, so if any of you are looking for spring credits, that’d be a great class to take!
Either way, we get to celebrate our hard work this semester with the PALMA PICNIC!!! It’ll be April 25th from 5-10pm at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, 3109 Scio Church Road. Our marvelous and brilliant Audrey Sharp will be organizing a carpool, so keep an eye out for an email from her in the next week! Bring a tupperware, bring an empty stomach, bring your dancing shoes, etc.
That’s all for now. Thank you all so much for the wonderful work you’ve done this semester.